- Meet your guide at 6 AM in Pereira or Manizales
- Drive 3hrs to reach the National Park entrance
- Follow an acclimatization walk above 4000m and spend the night by Lake Otún
- On day 2 reach the first snow by 11am and enjoy breathtaking views of the mountains
- Return to Pereira by 5pm
Meet your professional guide in the city of Manizales at 6 AM, and begin a 3.5 hours drive in a 4WD (jeep) vehicle. As you go up, the vegetation will start to change and the views get more spectacular!
Stop half way to enjoy a solid breakfast at the Farm ” La laguna” a high altitude refuge.
Then, reach the National Park entrance, where the officers will give you a welcome talk. Begin your first acclimatization walk above 4000m with an approximate duration of 3.5 hours. Enjoy lunch on the way from a view point of Lake El Otún.
Welcome to the Paramos, this is a very rare tropical ecosystem, only covering 1 % of the Colombian territory.
Camp by the lake, surrounded by ice-capped peaks!
Have a nice dinner and a well earned sleep.
After breakfast, keep going until the point named Conejeras (rabbit-house). Hike for about 3.3 km until you reach the glacier border. Time spent here will depend on your walking speed. (roughly 2-3 hours).
There enjoy the mountain view, have contact with the snow and experiment a stunning view from one of the highest location in Colombia !
In the early afternoon return to the jeep and start descending to the farm “Campo Alegre” (Joy-field in english), where you will enjoy a hearty lunch and a nice break! Finally descent Manizales, arriving at 5 pm approximately!
- Expert bilingual adventure and cultural guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Colombian National Park entrance fee
- Water, non-alcoholic drinks, breakfast, lunch and dinners
- Camping gear
- 4×4 private transportation
PRICE & RESERVATION
The price DOES NOT INCLUDE transport from Medellin to Manizales or Pereira. We can happily arrange public or private transport, prices depend on group size.
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.