- Meet your guide at 7 AM in Salento
- Drive to the Cocora Valley to start trekking
- Reach the La Argentina farm to spend the first night
- On day 2 reach the wetlands of Quindío
- Walk in the Paramos
- Get the chance to summit at 4750 metres
- Spend the night in La Primavera farm, at 3600m high
- Return to Salento on day 3 by a different path
- End of the trip
Meet your professional guide at your hotel at 7 AM.
Fuel up on a hearty breakfast in Salento and then catch a private traditional vehicle (Willy’s Jeep) to the Cocora Valley.
After an informative talk, start your adventure at the bottom of the Cardenas River. Climb to the highest point of the valley to enjoy a lunch en route, with a spectacular view of the canyon of the Cardenas River. Trek through the iconic wax palm forest and lookout for Condors.
Reach the “La Argentina” farm, where you will spend the night sharing family traditions and discovering the way of life of the remote mountain communities, while enjoying a delicious cup of coffee, a hearty meal and a few laughs.
Average trekking time 6 hours
After a delicious farmer’s breakfast, set off towards the abandoned “Buenos Aires” Hamlet. From there walk along the middle line of the valley until reaching the beautiful and awe-inspiring wetlands of Quindío.
This area is deserted by the tourist and very few know about it’s existence. The Paramos here are incredibly pristine, and the colourful rocks of the mountains create a very special ambience and landscape.
Depending on how you feel and weather conditions, trek up to 4,750m and reach the top of the Paramillo moutain. Get a view on the Nevados’s 3 major summit’s; the Santa Isabel, the Tolima and the Ruiz.
Head down to the La Primavera farm, at an altitude of 3,600m, where you will rest and spend the night.
Average trekking time 6 hours or 8 hours with the summit.
This morning, you will initiate the descent to Cocora Valley, while using a different route, alongside the Quindío River.This less traveled trail will provide for incredibly pristine experience and a stunning richness of flora and fauna.
After 2 hours of hiking, take a break at “La Estrella de Agua” farm, at an altitude of 3,200m, to enjoy a traditional agua de panela (sugar cane drink), before continuing your downwards trek.
The rest of the day will take you through the Acaime Nature Reserve and the Casa de los Colibries (house of hummingbirds), where you will be able to get up close to these very special and fascinating birds.
After lunch, continue your trek to Cocora, where a private transport will be waiting to take you back to Salento.
Average trekking time 6 hours
- Expert bilingual adventure and cultural guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Colombian National Park entrance fee
- Water, non-alcoholic drinks, breakfast, lunch, and dinners
- Camping gear
- 4*4 private transportation
PRICE & RESERVATION
The price DOES NOT INCLUDE transport from Medellin to Salento. We can happily arrange public or private transport, prices depend on group size.
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.