ITINERARY - Medellin day hike
- Meet your bilingual guide at Pailania, near the Medellin – Bogota Highway and the village of San Francisco (or organize with us private transport from Medellin)
- 4×4 ride for 1/2 hr to Los Morillos – a hamlet perched high up in the mountains
- Hike for 3 hours into the jungle to the top of the Cerro de las Tetas, a large Monoliths
- Enjoy lunch with a stunning view, let your guide explain the geography and history of the area
- Hike down to the Santo Domingo River
- Cool off with a swim in the pristine water – enjoy a snack
- Drive back to Medellin or take the bus back to Medellin, arriving around 6pm
Meet your bilingual trekking guide in Pailania (contact us for private transportation or simply use the bus), less than two hours from Medellin’s north bus terminal.
From here, your adventure starts with a 4×4 drive for about ½hr to Los Morillos, a small Hamlet perched on the side of ” el Cerro de las Tetas “, a tall mountain topped by a gigantic monoliths, overlooking the entire region!
Initiate a steep 3 hour hike through the cloud forest of the Andean mountains. This ecosystem is known to be the richest in Orchids, Bromelia and Heliconia. As these plants are a favourite food for Humming Bird’s, expect to see a lot!
After 3 hours of steep hiking, we will get to the monoliths and use a narrow trail to reach the summit of the rock! There is a wide space covered in moss, and is pleasant to hang out at the top!
Enjoy your well-deserved traditional Colombian lunch. Spend some time to sink in the best 360° view over the Andes, and let your guide explain the complex geography of the country. In good days, you will be able to see the Nevados, and other far away mountain ranges!
Relax before hiking down to the trailhead. Cool down with a swim in the turquoise waters of the Rio Santo Domingo. Enjoy a complementary snack and fresh ” Limonada ” and return to Medellin.
Take the bus back to Medellin, to arrive by 6pm
Meet us at Pailania*
Contact us if you wish to arrange private transportation from Medellin.
* how to get to Pailaina ? Pailainia is located 5 kilometers before the town of San Francisco, in Eastern Antioquia. To get there, take a bus from the north bus terminal (Terminal del Norte, Caribe metro station), headed to San Francisco, booth # 15 Flota Granada.
100% deposit must be made before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.