- Meet your driver in Medellin at 6 AM
- Start a scenic drive for 4 hours to the village of Narices
- Raft 12 kilometers to your eco-lodge
- Have lunch, while floating down the river
- Stay overnight at the Eco-Lodge Refugio La Pesca
- Paddle down to the waterfalls of the Rio Nuss
- Jungle hike to the cave and cave exploration
- Return upstream to the lodge by motor boat, include fishing
- Evening of relaxation and good food
- Breakfast and Yoga
- Motor boat ride back to Narices
- 3 hours of 4×4 adventure
- Petroglyph visit + lunch
- Historical tour of El Prodigio
- Return to Medellin
Meet your driver in Medellín at 6:00 AM and drive 4 hours to the small village of Narices, using a comfortable 4×4 truck.
Stop for breakfast in the town of Guatapé, where you can view the famous monolithic rock.
Enjoy and discover the real Colombian back country on your way to the river. Once in Narices, lunch will be waiting for you on the beach, in front of stunning waterfalls.
Our river journey starts by paddling through the waterfalls, and into a magnificent jungle canyon. Occasionally, side creeks come into the river and make for perfect places to stop, see some birds and wildlife, swim, and keep going!
After about 3 hours of floating, we will reach the lodge and enjoy the evening by the river, wine in hand, and a tasty meal.
Enjoy a healthy breakfast and get ready for a day full of adventures !
Get back on your raft, and float for 10 kilometers. Choose to fish, birdwatch, or simply enjoy the views.
At this point, the river enters a narrow limestone canyon, a large waterfall coming in on river left marks the end of our descent. We will use a narrow trail carved into the cliffs to reach the rim of the canyon, and further explore the caves of the Rio Nuss.
After a well deserved picnic and a swim, we will head back to the river, where motor boats will take us back to the lodge. Late afternoon is the best time for fishing, so don’t miss the opportunity to catch one of the large Dorado that swims in abundance in this river.
Enjoy a gourmet dinner, and a bon-fire on the beach!
No rush this morning! Wake up when you feel like it, and have breakfast at your own taste!
When you are ready, we will say good by to the lodge, and head back up the river ! Jump in our comfy 4×4 vehicle, and drive a singular road, following the crest of the Andes, edging with the plains of the Magdalena Medio.
This region is never traveled by tourist, yet the landscape and the historical context is of high significance for Colombia. This is the Colombian version of a Safari!
Towards the middle of the road, we will make a stop and walk into the jungle to explore a narrow creek where the walls are marked by the hieroglyphs that the Pantagora Nation has left on the walls.
At the end of the day, return to Medellin using the Medellin-Bogota Highway.
- Private transportation
- All breakfasts and lunches
- Dinner on day 1 and 2
- Accommodation at the Eco-Lodge Refugio La Pesca
- Experienced and certified professional bilingual raft guides and instructors
- Motor boat trip
- Colombian travel insurance
For the river:
- Good closed-toe shoes for the river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Refillable water bottle
- Dry shoes (to change into after trip)
- Dry clothes (to change into after trip)
- Personal toiletries
- Money for drinks and snacks on the road
- Excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options* please notify us in advance of any special needs
- Treated water is offered to guests, please bring a refillable water bottle or opt to purchase bottled water
Price & Reservation
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price. 100% deposit must be made before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.