- Meet at 6 AM in Medellin and drives 2 ½ hours to the small mountain town of San Fransisco
- Enjoy breakfast overlooking the mountains that create the the Rio Verde watershed
- Journey by 4×4 to the town of Boqueron
- Hike 2 hours from Boqueron down the valley as mules carry the gear
- Cool off with a swim in the pristine water
- Raft the magnificent Rio Verde and Rio Samana for over 25kms
- Drive back to Medellin arriving around 8pm
Meet your guide and safety kayaker at 6 AM at Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia. Drive 2 ½ hours to the town of San Francisco. Eat a traditional Colombian breakfast with a spectacular mountain view overlooking the watershed you will enter. Start the adventure with a 2 hour hike down a jungle canyon while mules transport your gear.
Cool off in the pristine green water that gives the name. Your professional guide will lead the group in a river safety orientation. Raft the Rio Verde into the Rio Samana. Enjoy a picnic lunch from a high boulder where you can jump into the deep pool below. Explore a hidden waterfall cascading through the tall jungle. Continue rafting the thrilling Class III/IV rapids, with the biggest rapids right at the end. Meet your driver at the Puente Samana and return to Medellin (around 7:30 PM depending on traffic)
- Private transport with a professional driver
- Bi-lingual professional rafting guide (Spanish, English, French)
- Safety kayaker
- Breakfast (not included in Sunday Funday special)
- Picnic lunch
- Travel insurance
For the river:
- Good closed-toe shoes for river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Refillable water bottle
- 1 set dry shoes (to change into after trip)
- 1 set dry clothes (to change into after trip)
- Money for drinks
- Excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options* please notify us in advance of any special needs
- Treated water is offered to guests, please bring a refillable water bottle or opt to purchase bottled water
PRICE & RESERVATION
Joined group of 4+
Sunday Funday (Bus Transport)
Group discount 6 Person and up
3 Person Private
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price. 100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.