- After breakfast, meet your bilingual professional rafting and hiking guide at Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia at 8 am and drive 2 ½ hours to the town of San Francisco
- Enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant in the town of San Francisco
- Start the adventure with a 2 to 3 hour hike down a jungle canyon while mules transport your gear
- At the river, refresh with a swim and learn about river safety
- Raft through a pristine rainforest and camp overnight in sheltered hammocks in a jungle camp
- Raft for ½ a day and take out at Puente Samaná
- Return to Medellín by 7 p.m. (a 3 hour drive)
- Extend your trip for a night at a finca in San Francisco and a sugar-cane, panela tour (see Extension Option A)
- Extend your trip for a night at Río Claro Nature Reserve, a 20 minute drive from Puente Samaná (see Extension Option B)
After breakfast, meet your bilingual professional rafting and hiking guides at Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia at 8 am and drive 2 ½ hours to the town of San Francisco.
Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch in the jungle. Start the adventure by hiking down the valley while pack-mules carry the gear. At the river, refresh with a swim in the emerald green water that gives the river it’s name. Learn about river safety with your professional raft guide. Raft through a pristine mountain rainforest.
Jump off high boulders and explore narrow canyon. Make camp riverside and enjoy a delicious and hearty meal to keep you well fueled for the day ahead. At night fall asleep to the orchestra of the jungle in sheltered hammocks.
We will be camping in a very special place, the confluence of the Rio Verde and Rio Calderas, this is the birth-place of the Rio Samana!
Wake up with a swim in the river while a fresh breakfast is prepared. Enjoy a beautiful canyon hike up a side creek of the Green River.
Start rafting from camp, explore secluded beaches and swim in hidden waterfalls. Keep your eyes peeled for tropical animals and exotic birds in one of the most bio-diverse countries in the world. As you continue a ½ day raft trip down river, witness traditional gold mining practices. At the end of the second day, arrive at Puente Samaná, the only road access over the river. Meet our driver here to return to Medellín (3 hours)
Extend your 2-day Río Verde trip by 1 day and 1 night for less travel on Day 1 and a more relaxed first day. On Day 1, start the adventure in San Francisco with a mule ride or hike to visit traditional sugar cane, “panela” farmers. That night, stay overnight in San Francisco at a finca with a pool and comfortable rooms (showers & bathrooms). Enjoy home-cooked meals and a visit with a Colombian family. The next day, start a 2-day river rafting trip on the Río Verde.
Extend your 2-day Río Verde trip by 1 day and 1 night to stay on Day 3 and Day 4 at Finca Zafra. A gorgeous traditional countryside hotel. The following day, enjoy activities such as bird watching, caving, hiking, rafting, and a canopy zip line tour with wonderful local naturalists and adventure guides. (pricing extra)
- Day 1, lunch and dinner
- Day 2, breakfast and lunch
- All transportation and rafting equipment
- Camping gear and jungle camp
- Experienced and certified professional raft guides and instructors
- Safety kayaker
- Colombian travel insurance
PRICE & RESERVATION
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price. 100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.
No prior rafting experience is needed. Must be 16+ years old and minors need parental consent.