- After breakfast, meet your bilingual professional adventure guide at 8 a.m. our Medellin office (Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia)
- Drive 1 ½ hours to Santa Barbara
- Safety talk and river rescue education
- Raft for 3 hours in a countryside valley (class 3/3+)
- Relax on a secluded beach for a gourmet lunch, relax, swim
- Raft through lush canyons and enjoy birds and wildlife sightings
- Reach the confluence of the Río Cauca, our take out
- Enjoy a cold drink, snack and drive 2 hours to Medellin to return by 7 pm*
* Return time varies depending on traffic
Meet your professional guides and safety kayaker 8 a.m. at our offices near Poblado (Cra. 43e #11a-13, Medellín). Start a scenic drive for 1 ½ hours towards the southeast. Arrive at the colonial town of Santa Barbara and begin a safety talk by the river to earn about hydrology, river hazards, and rescue techniques. Begin an adventurous descent on class 3/3+ intermediate whitewater in a countryside valley. Float by mango trees with chances to swim downstream in warm, flatwater sections. Enjoy relaxing on a secluded beach for a freshly prepared picnic lunch. Unwind with the sounds of birds and other animals. Reach the confluence of the Río Cauca, the largest tributary of Colombia’s largest river, the Magdalena River. Enjoy a cold drink, snack and meet our driver to return to Medellin (2 hour drive).
- All transportation and rafting equipment
- Experienced and certified professional bilingual raft guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Safety kayaker
- Colombian insurance
- Water, snacks and drinks
- Quality picnic lunch with excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options
- Good closed-toe shoes for the river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- 1 dry set of shoes (to change into after river trip)
- 1 dry set of clothes (to change into after river trip)
- Excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options* please notify us in advance of any special needs
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on a secluded riverside beach prepared by your guides
- Treated water is offered to guests, please bring a refillable water bottle or opt to purchase bottled water
PRICE & RESERVATION
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.