- After breakfast, meet your bilingual professional adventure guide at 8 a.m. our Medellin office (Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia) or ask for a private pick up!
- Drive 1 ½ hours on the Medellin-Bogota Highway, towards The Rio Calderas
- Safety talk and river rescue education
- Raft for 3 hours on fun, adrenaline packed class 3/4 whitewater
- Relax on a secluded beach for a gourmet lunch, relax, swim
- Raft through lush canyons and enjoy birds and wildlife sightings
- Reach the take out and celebrate with a cold drink!
- Relax in our luxury vans reach Medellin by 5 pm*
* Return time varies depending on traffic
Meet your professional guides and safety kayaker 8 a.m. at our offices near Poblado (Cra. 43e #11a-13, Medellín). Start a scenic drive for 1 ½ hours towards the east. Arrive to the and begin a safety talk by the river to learn about hydrology, river hazards, and rescue techniques. Begin an adventurous descent on class 3/4 intermediate, but thrilling whitewater, flowing in a pristine valley. Look for wildlife and enjoy the chances to swim in the calmer sections. Relaxing on a secluded beach for a freshly prepared traditional lunch.
The last part of the river is the most exciting, with drops up to 1.5 meters and fun waves to hit! Let our expert guides navigate with you safely the rapids before reaching the take out, where the local “tienda” awaits, packed with cold drinks!
Our luxury vans and profesional drivers will take you back to Medellin (2 hour drive), you can gaze out of the window to the epic landscape or take a power nap!
- All transportation and rafting equipment
- Experienced and certified professional bilingual raft guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Safety kayaker
- Colombian insurance
- Water, snacks and drinks
- Quality picnic lunch with excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options
- Good closed-toe shoes for the river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- 1 dry set of shoes (to change into after river trip)
- 1 dry set of clothes (to change into after river trip)
- Excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options* please notify us in advance of any special needs
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on a secluded riverside beach prepared by your guides
- Treated water is offered to guests, please bring a refillable water bottle or opt to purchase bottled water
PRICE & RESERVATION
*MEET US AT THE RIVER: If you want to enjoy lower price, or if meeting us directly at the river is more convenient for you, this option is for you! Meet at 10 AM in “La Pinuela” , Medellin-Bogota Highway, at the Restaurant ” EL PALACIO DE LOS FRIJOLES”.
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.