- After breakfast, meet your bilingual professional adventure guide at 8 a.m. our Medellin office (Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia)
- Drive 1 ½ hours to Santa Barbara
- Safety talk and river rescue education
- Raft for 3 hours in a countryside valley (class 3/3+)
- Relax on a secluded beach for a gourmet lunch, relax, swim
- Raft through lush canyons and enjoy birds and wildlife sightings
- Reach the confluence of the Río Cauca, our take out
- Enjoy a cold drink, snack and drive 2 hours to Medellin to return by 7 pm*
* Return time varies depending on traffic.
Meet your professional guides and safety kayaker 8 a.m. at our offices near Poblado (Cra. 43e #11a-13, Medellín). Start a scenic drive for 1 ½ hours towards the southeast. Arrive at the colonial town of Santa Barbara and begin a safety talk by the river to earn about hydrology, river hazards, and rescue techniques. Begin an adventurous descent on class 3/3+ intermediate whitewater in a countryside valley. Float by mango trees with chances to swim downstream in warm, flatwater sections. Enjoy relaxing on a secluded beach for a gourmet lunch. Unwind with the sounds of birds and other animals. Reach the confluence of the Río Cauca, the largest tributary from Colombia’s largest river, the Magdalena River. Enjoy a cold drink, snack and meet our driver to return to Medellin (2 hour drive).
- All transportation and rafting equipment.
- Experienced and certified professional bilingual raft guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Safety kayaker, Colombian insurance.
- Water, local, quality lunch, snacks and drinks with excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options
- Good closed-toe shoes for the river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- Insect repellent
- 1 dry set of shoes (to change into after river trip)
- 1 dry set of clothes (to change into after river trip)
3 out of 5 = Several moderate physical activities raise your heart beat on this trip. A good level of physical fitness is required.
PRICE & RESERVATION
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.