- Receive an airport pick-up from Aeropuerto Internacional Palonegro in Bucaramanga
- Drive 3 hours to the adventure town of San Gil & meet your guides at 12 pm
- Begin rafting for 45 km on exhilarating whitewater (class 3 to 4)
- Enjoy lunches and wilderness camps by 2000 meters canyon walls
- Take out on Day 2 and return to San Gil by 6 pm
Fly into Aeropuerto Internacional Palonegro in Bucaramanga, the capital of Santander department. Drive 3 hours to the adventurous town of San Gil, a tight-knit whitewater kayaking community. Meet your guide in San Gil around 12 pm to meet your guide for lunch in town. Next, learn about river safety and the start of your river rafting trip on the Chicamocha. Have a fun day rafting over 30 km of constant whitewater in a sunny, dry desert climate. Take refreshing swims in the calm sections of the river before going through Class 3 whitewater rapids. Arrive to the village of Jordan by the evening and set up a riverside camp before sunset. Enjoy campfire meals and a night sleeping in sheltered hammocks under a starry sky.
Wake up with a dip in the river before your campfire breakfast. Enjoy rafting all day as the river carves through a red rock canyon. Experience a gourmet lunch in the deepest part of the canyon, with walls rising to approximately 1000 meters. Take in the magic of this place that was nominated as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. See how the canyon’s sandstone walls reveal unique geological formations. At the take out, take a small dirt road carved into the mountainside to capture one last stunning vista of the powerful canyon of the Chicamocha. Drive for about 1 ½ hours to return to San Gil by 6 p.m. Arrange with us ahead of time when you’d like an airport drop-off to Bucaramanga’s Aeropuerto Internacional Palonegro.
Extend your trip by 1 day and 1 night to meet a paragliding instructor for a 20 minutes tandem flight over the rim of the Chicamocha canyon. As you fly, take in breathtaking views of the canyon and land on a wide beach. The Chicamocha Canyon is a truly marvelous place. Deeper than the Grand Canyon of the Colorado River, the canyon is two kilometers in depth and 227 kilometers in length. Its river charges through 264 hectares of national park, all of which you can see as you fly.
- Quality breakfast, lunch and dinner, prepared with local products, snacks and drinks
- All rafting and camping equipment, transportation, and experienced professional raft guides
- Safety kayaker
- Our certified, bilingual rafting guides are trained in wilderness first aid and swiftwater rescue
- Good closed toe shoes
- Shorts, breathable long sleeve top
- A hat and sunscreen
- Refillable water bottle
- 1 dry set of shoes
- 1 set of dry clothes
- Warm top for desert climate at night
- Breathable long pants
- Head lamp
- Sunglasses and toiletries
- On your river trip, experience sheltered hammock camping in a wilderness camp
- On your river trip, enjoy hot meals prepared by a Colombian cooks and your guides
- Excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options * please inform us at least 24 hours prior to trip start date of any dietary needs or allergies
- Enjoy dining out in traditional Colombian restaurants along the way
- Treated water is offered to guests, please bring a refillable water bottle or opt to purchase bottled water
PRICE & RESERVATION
Less than 4 PAX
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price. 100% deposit must be made 3 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
*All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.