- After breakfast, meet your professional driver at 8 a.m. in our Medellin office (Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia)
- Drive 1.5 hours on the Medellin-Bogota Highway, to Cocorna
- Join a bilingual guide to take a tandem paragliding flight
- Drive 20min to reach our rafting base
- Enjoy lunch by the river
- Raft over 15 kilometers of class 3-4 river
- Drive back to Medellin
Meet your driver at 8 am at our office in Medellin (Cra. 43e #11-13, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia). Drive 1.5 hours to the town of Cocorna
Meet your experienced bilingual paraglider pilot. Do a methodical assessment of the weather conditions with your pilot to ensure a safe and enjoyable flight. Once weather conditions are optimal, you will take a short walk to the take-off ramp, located on a sloping hill. Your instructor will ensure the tandem paragliding equipment is properly set up, including helmet and harness. Leg, shoulder and waist straps are connected with safety attachments. A tandem paraglide is built for a single pilot and a passenger and allows a person with no previous experience to fly with an instructor, who controls the paraglide.
Follow instructions for how to run on take-off site, sit comfortably in your harness, and position yourself for landing. An assistant will help you and your tandem pilot take-off and then you will enjoy a 20 minute flight upon the Samana Valley and its waterfalls.
Get back in the van and drive 20 minutes to the Calderas river. Enjoy lunch by the riverside before listening to a safety talk from your bilingual rafting guide. Begin an adventurous descent on thrilling class 3/4 intermediate whitewater, flowing in a pristine valley. Look for wildlife and enjoy the opportunities to swim in the calmer sections.
The last part of the river is the most exciting, with drops up to 1.5 meters and fun waves to hit! Let our expert guides navigate you safely through the rapids before reaching the take out, where the local “tienda” awaits, packed with cold drinks!
Our vans and professional drivers will take you back to Medellin (2 hour drive). Enjoy the stunning landscapes as you drive through the remote valley.
- All transportation and equipment
- Experienced and certified professional bilingual guides (languages: Spanish, French, English)
- Safety kayaker
- Colombian insurance
- Quality picnic lunch with excellent vegetarian, vegan, gluten- free, and other dietary options.
PRICE & RESERVATION
For larger groups and groups who want to customize the trip, please contact us directly for the price.
100% deposit must be made 2 days before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50% of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.