- Meet your driver at our office (Carrera 43 E # 11a-15, Barrio Manila, Medellín) at 7 AM or come by your own means
- Drive 2 hours to Pailania and meet your bilingual guide (Or meet us there at 9 AM if you come on your own )
- Enjoy breakfast overlooking the mountains that create the the Rio Verde watershed
- Switch vehicles for a 4×4 and drive to El Retiro
- Enjoy magical ambiance of the Rio Melcocho
- Have lunch by the riverside, prepared by your guide
- Swim in natural pools and relax on secluded beaches
- 4×4 Ride back to Pailania
- Return to Medellin via our private transport or choose to hope on a bus
Meet your driver at 7 am in our office in Medellin and take a scenic drive though the plateau of Rio Negro, before descending into the Samana Watershed. After about 2 hours of traveling, and right before turning off the main highway to head into the jungle, we will make a breakfast stop at “El Palacio de los Frijoles”. Enjoy a gourmet traditional meal and jump into your 4×4 ; here your adventure begins.
First, drive alongside the Rio Santo Domingo. After 20 minutes, the pavement stops. Enter a maze of jungle covered mountains via a small dirt road. Make a quick stop to chat with local cacao and coffee farmers before finishing the drive in “El Retiro”, a lovely hamlet nested at the end of the valley.
From there your guide will lead you on a trail to the hidden pools of the Melcocho River. You will not believe how pleasant the temperature of the water is! The river bed is wrapped by untouched rain forest, and vines that drop into the water from the canopy. The ambiance is truly magical, and all you have to do is enjoy!
Your guide will prepare a delicious meal, and will describe to you the countless, birds, fish, animals and plant of your surroundings.
Swim, explore the canyon and relax on the beaches.
At the end of the day, as the sun goes down, we will make our way back to the car and enjoy the stunning views over the mountains as we return toward Medellin. Arrive around 7PM
Extend your stay in the area of San Francisco by spending the night in a nice country house with beautiful views of the mountains!
On the following day join a rafting trip, go for a jungle hike or visit a cocoa farm in the area.
- Breakfast (not included if meeting in Pailainia)
- Private luxury van (Optional, please contact us for details – prices indicated are for a meeting point in Pailania)
- 4×4 adventure
- Professional bilingual guide
- Exchange with local, cultural experiences
- River-side lunch
- Drinks and snacks
- Good closed-toe shoes for river
- Board shorts or lightweight long pants
- Lightweight long sleeve shirt or t-shirt
- Sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Refillable water bottle
- 1 set dry shoes (to change into after trip)
- 1 set dry clothes (to change into after trip)
Please note : prices shown are based on meeting in Pailaina*, Private transport from Medellin is extra, please contact us for more information.
* How to get to Pailaina ? Pailainia is located 5 kilometers before the town of San Francisco, in Eastern Antioquia. To get there, take a bus from the north bus terminal (Terminal del Norte, Caribe metro station), headed to San Francisco, booth # 15 Flota Granada.
100% deposit must be made before the trip, for last minute payment and reservation request contact Expedition Colombia. All payment must be done through our booking platform, or via a deposit in our Bancolombia bank account.
All our prices above do not include IVA.
- According to the Colombia tax system, foreigners are exempted for the IVA.
- For Colombian residents, citizens and foreigners living in Colombia for more than 6 months, 50 % of the total IVA will be charged and the other half will be covered by the company.
- For companies or agencies, the total IVA will be charged.